Monday, September 6, 2010

Oh the joy of rain!

Last night I heard the unwelcome rain start it's downpour and it hasn't stopped yet. This is my life for the next 101 days. Yes I do have it counted down to days now. We are all a bit homesick I think, and a few are actually sick with colds. I think we are all pretty well adjusted to living here now, just have to actually adapt to their culture for a little while.

On another note, I got my ice cream fix. Ha! We went shopping, as usual, this weekend and I tried Banaoffee ice cream. No, not banana and coffee, but more toffee flavor I guess. It was pretty good, tasted like real banana and it had carmel and biscuit (cookie) crumbs in it. Still not the same as ice cream in America though... I really think American's have perfected the taste of every unhealthy food product imaginable. Even the peanut butter over here doesn't taste the same. However, the bread they make, my favorite being the Wheaten bread, is superb. And they know how to use potatoes in every meal and make them taste good.

Also, some of you have been asking about the fashions, sorry mainly female differences noticed.  They wear a lot more skinny jeans, tights, and leggings all the time. They always look like they are dressed to the T, ready to go out no matter what time of day it is. Tunic tops/long sweaters and tank tops are still being worn with the leggings. They also wear those gladiator looking sandals, flats or heels. (I got a pair this weekend of blk heels for £7! That's about $11)  Most girls always have make-up on as well as their hair done. Short hair seems to be more stylish here, still in bob's or cuts like that. Brightly colored hair is normal. I saw a girl at the mall who had rainbow sherbet looking hair, no joke she had every color covered. Even though they seem 'stylish' I feel as if anything goes, especially if it looks like you have never left the 80's. I have bought leggings myself and 2 tops to wear with them but for the most part I am sticking with my comfortable, warm American clothes.

Well we've started another week here at school, it's time to start planning papers and planning trips. We also have to decided by Wednesday where we want to do our placements during the month of November. I've yet to decide as now I am having second thoughts on my first 2 choices...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment