Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Preparation

Well all loose ends are being tied up and clothes being washed for a final time before being packed. Now that I'm home from San Diego it's time to get ready to leave again. I spent a wonderful 12 weeks living in San Diego with family and working to earn money for my next trip to Northern Ireland. (Just as an initial note, I will be shortening Northern Ireland to NI when talking in this blog; and the town I will be living in is called Londonderry but shorthand will be called Derry as most locals do) Now being home for a week I'm spending as much time as possible with my family and friends before leaving for 15 weeks in Derry and 2 additional weeks of traveling Europe after the Semester. Ok I read a classmates blog a minute ago and he already has his bag packed...not only does this tell of our shared excitement to go but I'm realizing the need to get everything ready! I, being a girl, am going to struggle to only take 1 bag of 50 lbs or less...oh my! Well I hope you enjoy following my blog and I will try to keep it updated weekly at the very least. My Dad says I have to do it daily!--And post lots of pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I am super excited for you and will for sure be following your adventures! Be safe and have fun. Oh and thanks I had been asked to start a blog but had no idea where to find it, and started one today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I am so proud of you. Please be safe and have a lot of fun. I'll be following your adventures. This is so exciting! Love Aunt Sue B.

    ReplyDelete