Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dublin Week-almost home!

Hello all!

Sorry I have been neglecting the blog this week. We have been away in Dublin since Monday so internet access has been very brief. Well we are heading home tomorrow, back to Derry for another 2 weeks before I am off again to my volunteer placement in Ballycastle. I will put up pictures soon from this week and Wednesday we will be going to Belfast for the day so more excitement then too! Then it is really time for me to get my papers finished for 'paper-writing week'. I just might get a lucky visitor from the 'golden state', God willing.

Anyway if you have been watching the news or anything you may have heard there is a travel alert out for Americans in Europe so we will be watching out for ourselves more than ever as well as listening to the news for any updates in the upcoming months. There was also a car bomb that went off in Derry that some people were worried about but thankfully we were not in town that night and no one was injured. The real IRA has taken responsibility for the act and criticism is heavy against them. As I have said before there is little to worry about us being attacked/injured in Derry, generally speaking but please keep us and the Northern Ireland people in your prayers. Thanks for all the support back home!

I will update soon!

Best wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,
    Hope you are doing o.k.we,re doing o.k. back here.
    Hold on to your "Faith" for I know many family,friends & churches are "Praying for your safety.& most of all "God" is watching over you.I know you are experiencing a lot & also enjoying your time there.so hang in there.2 more months you'll be back home.& hopefully your Aunt Sue will be over soon with you. Miss You
    Love You.
    Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete